The Venn Diagram of Awesome: What Dracula, zombies and Frankenstein have in common with Jesus

by Stephanie Chasteen on January 4, 2011

At a recent Ignite presentation in Boulder, a speaker showed this as one of his slides.  He continued to talk for about 5 seconds, which was as long as it took us to read a few of the overlaps and start to get it.  I had no idea what he said after that, since I couldn’t hear him over our laughter.  So, here it is for your enjoyment, as well.  Aren’t Venn Diagrams great?  (And my apologies for any offended sensibilities… but it *is* funny).

From Cheese & Meats

fegsdfg January 4, 2011 at 9:15 pm

but frankenstein was not resurrected from the dead. an the only reason teh towns people didnt like him was because of his monster…
your venn-diagramm is invalid

sciencegeekgirl January 4, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Oh, come on, just substitute “Frankenstein’s Monster” for “Frankenstein” — a typical slip. A Venn Diagram literalist, are we? 😉

Stacey January 5, 2011 at 2:07 am

Ahaha great post! Even as a Christian I find this funny, thanks for sharing! =D

Dallas Raby January 5, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Cute, but the folks in Jesus’ hometown were in fact not impressed with him. And as for converting as many as possible, he actually discouraged some from following him. You can look it up.
Tells you how little some people know about Jesus, maybe even less than Frankenstein and zombies. And this thing would have worked without adding “mindless”, don’t you think?. Ouch!
Anyway, I’m edified as usual by your blog; now I know what a Venn diagram is.
And you would be disappointed if I didn’t comment on this one; right?

sciencegeekgirl January 6, 2011 at 5:09 am

Indeed, I would have been disappointed if you didn’t comment on it!

But literalism does not good humor make. Like I said, apologies for any offended sensibilities, but I found this wry data-joke pretty good.

John September 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm

It is hard to believe people take this seriously but knowing most Christians I suppose I should not be. If you know anything about the gospels are seriously flawed. That is something for them to take seriously.

tomrom September 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I think people miss the point here: They are all fictitious!